The Community Network invites neighbors, supporters, and partner organizations to exchange ideas that inspire action and connection across neighborhoods. We believe the essential building blocks of resilient, vibrant communities include:
- Residents & Community
- Education - Pre-K through Career
- Funding & Philanthropy
- Government - Local/State/Federal
- Health, Wellness & Neighborhood Beautification
- Built Environment & Housing
The Community Network exists to:
- offer greater accessibility of resources to neighborhoods and community stakeholders
- cultivate a culture that embraces open communications
- share resources and facilitate connections to build a learning network
- emphasize the role and importance of education in working with communities to strengthen equity and vibrancy
- establish and build a foundation on pride, trust and commitment
Inspired by the work and purpose of the Choice Neighborhoods Initiative, Temple University’s College of Education created the Community Network to explore and highlight the intersection and connectivity of education in building equitable communities.
The Choice Neighborhood brings together local leaders, residents, and stakeholders to create and implement a plan that transforms their community and addresses the challenges in the surrounding neighborhood. The program is designed to catalyze critical improvements in neighborhood assets, including vacant property, housing, services and schools.
Temple University’s College of Education empowers children and their communities through education. They serve their surrounding neighborhoods, the city of Philadelphia, and schools and school districts across the region and the nation. Their faculty provides the foundation of research and knowledge that their students and supervisors in the field require to address the needs of children and schools today.
Inspiring Action and Exchanging Ideas
At the upcoming convening, hundreds of community stakeholders across Philadelphia and bridging across sector - government, community, philanthropy, and education - will gather to share their work and ideas on what it means to strengthen healthy, vibrant, and equitable communities and neighborhoods. We will hear from those who are crucial to this work and will gather over lunch and a resource exchange in the afternoon to connect with one another and take action. Check back here for updates on date and time.