The Center provides a program of Continuing Technical and Professional Development (CT&PD) for Career & Technical Education teachers, administrators, and specialists in eastern Pennsylvania.
- to continue to provide regional technical and pedagogical updating experiences for career and technical teachers, administrators, and support staff and
- to provide on-site, in-depth assistance designed to improve the academic competence of career-bound youth
Experiences include seminars, workshops, academies, institutes, and a variety of other continuing development activities available to teachers, administrators, and specialists in career and technical education centers and comprehensive high schools throughout eastern Pennsylvania.
CT&PD Experiences available throughout the year:
- Teacher Leadership Network
- Writing Workshops
- Individual professional development module “Implementing Safety Programs and Practices” available on CD or via Blackboard.
CT&PD experiences are based on a comprehensive needs assessment, with input from the following sources:
- scanning sessions of teachers and administrators, configured sub-regionally, convened each fall to discuss needs and react to Center proposals for CT&PD experiences, which are then linked to the Center’s overall advisory group, the Professional Development Advisory Committee ( PDAC);
- advisory committees made up of volunteers from the group for which the experience is intended; and
- evaluative data collected from previous similar experiences.
Rev. 8 6 2014
Elizabeth Richard, PhD