Ritter Hall 435
1301 Cecil B. Moore Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19122-6091
phone: (215) 204-5589
- PhD in Education and Psychology, University of Michigan
- MS in Developmental Psychology, University of Michigan
- BA in History, Yale University
- Early literacy among children in poverty
- School-family-community partnerships
- Literacy & Learners
- Cognitive development
Hindman, A. H., & Morrison, F. J. (in press). School-family partnership and its associations with early literacy and social skills among Head Start preschoolers. Elementary School Journal.
Hindman, A. H., Skibbe, L. E., Miller, A. L., & Zimmerman, M. (2010). Ecological contexts and early learning: Contributions of child, family, and classroom factors during Head Start to literacy and mathematics growth through first grade. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 25, 235-205.
Hindman, A. H., & Wasik, B. A. (2008). Head Start teachers’ beliefs about language and literacy instruction. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 23, 479-492.