Ritter Hall 452
1301 Cecil B. Moore Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19122-6091
phone: (215) 204-6142
- Ph.D. University of New Mexico. Educational Thought & Sociocultural Studies
- M.S. Colorado State University. Botany
- B.A. Northwestern University. Anthropology
- Sociocultural contexts and cultural practices in STEM education
- Discourse practices in formal and informal science learning contexts
- Application of the design studio for STEM learning environments
Brandt, C. B., & Carlone, H. (2014) Ethnographies of science education: Situated practices of science learning for social/political transformation. Routledge Press.
Brandt, C. B., Cennamo, K., Douglas, S.,Vernon, M., & McGrath, M. (2013). A theoretical framework for the studio as a learning environment. International Journal of Technology and Design Education, 23(2), 329-348.
Schnittka, C., Brandt, C. B., Jones, B., & Evans, M. A. (2012). Informal engineering education after school: A studio model for middle school girls and boys. Advances in Engineering Education, 3(2), 1-31.
Cennamo, K., & Brandt, C. B. (2012). The right kind of telling: Knowledge-building in the academic design studio. Educational Technology Research & Development, 60(5), 839-858.
Brandt, C. B. (2008a). Discursive geographies in science: Space, identity, and scientific discourse among indigenous women in higher education. Cultural Studies of Science Education, 3(3), 703-720.
Brandt, C. B. (2008b). Scientific discourse in the academy: A case study of an American Indian undergraduate. Science Education, 92, 825-847.
Hammond, L., & Brandt, C. B. (2004). Science and cultural process: Defining an anthropological approach to science education. Studies in Science Education, 40, 1-47.