Ritter Hall 442
1301 Cecil B. Moore Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19122-6091
phone: (215) 204-6129
- Ed.D. Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, Early Childhood/Elementary
- M.S. University of Nebraska, Omaha, NE, Reading/Special Education
- B.A. Hastings College, Hastings, NE, Elementary Education
- Early Literacy
- Visual Literacy and Young Children
- Early Childhood Curriculum
Soundy, C. S. (in press). Searching for deeper meaning in children’s drawings, Childhood Education.
Soundy, C. S., & Lee, Y. H. (in press). A medley of meaning-making in young children’s drawings, Young Children.
Soundy, C. S., & Drucker, M. F. (2010). Picture Partners: A co-creative journey into visual literacy. Early Childhood Education Journal, 37(6), 447-460.
Soundy, C. S., & Drucker, M. F. (2009). Drawing opens pathways to problem solving for young children. Childhood Education, 86(1), 7-13.
Soundy, C. S. (2009). Young children’s imaginative play: Is it valued in Montessori classrooms? Early Childhood Education Journal, 36(5), 381-383.
Soundy, C. S. & Qiu, Y. (2008). A cross-cultural analysis of young children’s visual responses to picture books. In P. G. Grotewell & U. R. Burton (Eds), Early childhood education: Issues and developments (pp. 105-125). New York: Nova.