Jayminn Sulir Sanford-DeShields, Ed.D.
Ritter Hall 341
1301 Cecil B. Moore Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19122-6091
phone: (215) 204-5205
- Ed.D. Harvard University Graduate School of Education, Cambridge MA
- Ed.M. Harvard University Graduate School of Education, Cambridge MA
- M.P.S Pratt Institute School of Art and Design, Brooklyn, NY
- B.A. Adelphi University, NY
- Collaboration in Education
- Urban Education and Educational Reform
- Multicultural Education
- Teacher Education
- Community Education and Lifelong Learning
Parker, Kelly, Sanford (1998). The Urban Context of Schools and Education : Community, Committment to Change. Educational Theory v48:1, 123-137.
Sanford, Mahar (1997). Retrospective of an Urban Based Teacher Education Program: Its Conception, Development and Implementation for Coexistence with a Traditional Model. Contemporary Education v67:4 213-220.
Nevarez, Sanford, Parker (1997). Do the Right Thing: Tranforming Multicultural Education in Teacher Preparation. Journal for a Just and Caring Education v3:2, 160-179.
Sanford (1995). Lessons of Leadership: A Critique of the Knowledge Base in Educational Leadership. (Eds) Knowledge Base in Educational Leadership: Multiple Perspectives Suny:Buffalo.
2009 Presenter, International Education SIG, American Educational Research Association, National conference,