Joseph P. Folger PhD.
Department Chairperson of Policy, Organizational & Leadership Stuides
Ritter Annex 229
1301 Cecil B. Moore Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19122-6091
phone/fax: (215) 204-1890 / (215) 204-6013
- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin/Madison, Communication Sciences
- MA University of Wisconsin/Madison, Communication Sciences
- BS Northwestern University, Speech Communication
- Conflict processes in group, organizational and interpersonal settings
- Mediation and third party intervention procedures
- Group decision-making processes and team development
Folger, J. P. and Bush, R. B. B. (Eds.) Designing Mediation: Approaches to Training and Practice within a Transformative Framework. NY: Institute for the Study of Conflict Transformation, 2001.
Folger, J. P. Mediation Research: Studying Transformative Effects. Hofstra Labor and Employment Law Journal, 18:2, 2001
Folger, J. P., Poole, M. S., and Stutman, R. K. Working through Conflict: Strategies for Relationships, Groups and Organizations (4th edition). NY: Addison, Wesley, Longman, 2001.
Folger, J. P. and Bush, R. B. B. Transformative Mediation and Third Party Intervention: Ten Hallmarks of Transformative Practice. Mediation Quarterly, 13:4, 1996.
Bush, R. B. and Folger, J.P. The Promise of Mediation. San Francisco: Jossey Bass, 1994.