For admission consideration, applicants should submit:
- College of Education Application for Admission
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all accredited institutions attended and/or from which you earned credit.
- Statement of Goals which outlines your interest in seeking a master's degree with a specific focus on the career to which you aspire; your interests; a description of your particular research, intellectual, and applied interests and your academic and job-related experiences that are relevant to the program.
- Two Letters of Reference should be obtained to provide insight regarding the applicant's academic competence. References from college/university faculty are recommended.
- A copy of a valid PA Teaching Certificate.
- Professional Resume
In addition, international applicants should submit:
- Official document that validates completion and conferral of a degree, diploma, and/or certificate. While not required, applicants are encouraged to submit transcript(s) to the World Education Services (WES) for evaluation.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS exam scores if a non-native speaker of English. A minimum score of 79 TOEFL iBt or 6.5 on IELTS is required for admission.
Prerequisites for Admission
Qualified applicants must:
- Be an effective content teacher at the PreK-4, 4-8 or Secondary level
- Hold an Instructional I or II teaching certificate and have a minimum of three years of effective teaching experience
- Meet the criteria established by the Temple Teacher Education Program to serve as a mentor for pre-service teachers.
Submitting Your Documents
Once you have completed your application for admission, your next step is to submit your supporting documents.
Submit all required admissions documents by the March 1 application deadline to receive priority consideration for admission and financial support.