To ensure that the College and districts and schools have all the information necessary to make the best possible decisions about your student teacher placement and that the process goes as smoothly and quickly as possible, make sure your application and resume are complete and accurate and present you and your experiences in a most favorable light. The following guidelines should help you in this effort.
Steps for a Successful Application
- Make sure you select the correct application, i.e., early childhood, middle grades, secondary, TUTeach, or SPED Graduate Practicum.
- Consider the criteria (described in the Placement section), as well as your own interests, professional needs, career goals, and available transportation in stating your preferences for your student teacher placement.
- Respond to all items on the application. If you are not sure of the proper answer to any item on this application please check on the facts before you enter the information. The Office of Field Placement in the Shimada Resource Center (Ritter Annex 150) can help verify academic information for you -- phone: (215) 204-8011.
- Be sure to include a current resume, one that highlights your professional interests, experiences, and preparation. The Career Center at Temple University can provide you support in developing and revising your resume.
- You must formally submit the application before we can take any action on your behalf. The "SUBMIT" button is at the end of the application process and must be "clicked" to formally submit your application for placement consideration. You might need to scroll down your page at the end of the application to locate the SUBMIT button.
Submitting Your Application
Unless otherwise directed, all applications are submitted electronically. No paperwork is required or expected EXCEPT if you are requesting placement in a suburban district:
- You are also required to submit a copy of your academic transcript, one paper copy of each of your four clearances, and your resume to be forwarded to the district for review/evaluation.
Please print the first page of your Tk20 submitted application, attach it to the paper copies of your clearances, resume and transcript, and submit documents in a single packet to the Office of Field Placement (ATTENTION: Tonya Thomas) Shimada Resource Center, 150 Ritter Annex. Make sure your name and TUID appear on the cover sheet with the packet. This packet is due by 5:00pm on Friday, February 10th.
- Students near the Ambler campus can submit their packets by 5:00pm on Friday, September 15th to Ms. Janine Warnas (267-468-8200).
- The deadline for submitting Spring 2018 student teaching applications is Friday, September 15th. Applications received after the September 15th final deadline will be sent to Philadelphia schools and at the discretion of the College.
In addition to your online application in TK20 to student teach and other materials (e.g., transcripts, required clearances, etc.), a complete application package includes a current resume. You will be asked to UPLOAD your resume during the application process. Please prepare your resume BEFORE you begin the application process.
Preparing Your Resume
Your resume should meet the following criteria:
- Be no more than 2 pages long;
- Highlight relevant professional and educational experiences;
- Provide accurate contact information;
- Be free of any spelling or grammatical errors; and
- Be produced and submitted as an MSWord or PDF document.
Submitting Your Resume
You must submit your resume using the upload option available in the application process.
- Save your resume in either Microsoft Word [.doc] or Portable Document Format [.pdf] fomat. -- Wordperfect and Microsoft Works are NOT acceptable.
- Follow the instructions in the application for how to upload your resume.
- As long as you have not SUBMITTED your application, you may upload new/update versions of your resume (each upload will overwrite the previous version). Once you have submitted your application, you may not upload another version of your resume. We will not begin the placement process until you submit your application.
The University Career Services can provide you support in developing and revising your resume.
Withdrawing from Student Teaching
If, for any reason, you must leave student teaching during the course of the semester, please make this decision carefully. You are responsible for knowing all of the implications, including the financial ones, of this decision. It is strongly recommended that you discuss this decision with: a) your student teacher coach, b) your Academic Advisor, c) Bernie McGee, Assistant Director of Field Placement, and d) Student Financial Services.
Students who leave student teaching after the university's withdrawal deadline but before the last day of student teaching will fail student teaching and the seminar course.
If you withdraw from student teaching, you will be required to re-register (and pay for) for the required course(s) in a subsequent semester. There are no "Incomplete" designations given for student teaching.
Please notify the Office of Field Placement as soon as possible if you intend to withdraw from Student Teaching.
Instructions for Accessing the Application:
The College utilizes TK20 for receiving student teaching applications. If you do not currently have an active TK20 account (login at https://edtemple.tk20.com to check), you MUST request your TK20 account in order to receive instructions for how to apply to student teach via Tk20.
- You need an active TK20 account in order to apply to student teach.
- Login at https://edtemple.tk20.com using your Temple username and password to confirm your account is active.
- If your account is active, COMPLETE and SUBMIT the Application to Student Teach
- If your account is NOT active, complete the INTENT to STUDENT TEACH: SPRING 2018
To Activate Your TK20 Account, complete the
Intent to Student Teach: Spring 2018 [click here]
Students who request a TK20 account for Spring 2018 will receive instructions for how to login and complete their application via Temple email once their Tk20 account has been activated, usually within 5 business days of their completion of the account activation form. If you are having problems logging into the application system (supported by Tk20), please contact the Help Desk online: TUHelp -- https://tuhelp.temple.edu. For fastest service, be sure to note that you are in the College of Education!