Before you submit your application, it is recommended that you contact Dr. Elvis Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your research agenda.
How to Apply
For admissions consideration, applicants should submit:
- College of Education Application for Admission
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all accredited institutions attended and/or from which you earned credit.
- Official scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) taken no longer than 5 years prior to application.
Statement of Goals which should be written in autobiographical style and explain your interest in pursuing a doctoral degree in education. The statement should outline the following:
- A research project that you would like to pursue while at Temple.
- Why the project is of interest to you and how it is of scholarship importance.
- Academic Writing Sample which should be a paper written for a class within the last five years. If applicants do not have a recent paper written for a class, they should compose an op-ed piece on the educational issue of their choosing. The op-ed should be between 400-1200 words and should be the kind of piece that might appear in the New York Times or Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Two Letters of Reference should be obtained to provide insight regarding the applicant's potential for academic success. References from college/university faculty are recommended.
- Professional Resume
Submitting Your Documents
Once you have completed your application for admission, your next step is to submit your supporting documents.
Submit all required admissions documents by the December 1 application deadline to receive priority consideration for admission and financial support.