College of Education students can find all information regarding scholarships and graduation awards on the College of Education Blackboard Community. Select Scholarships for scholarship awards or select Graduation for Graduation awards.
- Eligibility for Scholarships and Graduation awards is determined by the College of Education based on a student’s enrollment classification. All information submitted will be verified and only completed applications will be considered.
- Students can access the online applications and more information on their College of Education Blackboard Community. Select the menu tab "Graduation" or Scholarships".
Graduation Nomination Eligibility:
- Eligible to apply for the speaker position, provided you are graduating (or have graduated) in one of the following months: August. January, and May of the current academic year.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Made a constructive social and/or educational impact on the Temple University community.
- Well spoken and able to capture this momentous academic milestone event within the time allowed allotted (5 minutes).
- How well they represent the ideals and values of Temple University, utilizing three broad areas for evaluation: the content and delivery of the speech, the student’s commitment to the high academic standards put forth by the University, and the student’s efforts to improve the campus through involvement during their academic tenure
Be a full time degree seeking student exclusively from the College of Education. For undergraduate students, 12 to 17 credit hours is defined as full-time and students are assessed the full-time semester rate in this credit hour range. Undergraduate students registered for less than 12 credit hours are considered part-time and assessed the per semester credit hour rate.
For graduate students, there is no distinction between full-time and part-time tuition rates. All graduate students are assessed at a credit hour rate, regardless of the number of credit hours they are taking.
Earned a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher upon applying.
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University. Student receiving tuition remission for the year they are applying are ineligible.
Scholarship & Graduation Nomination Selection Process
- Scholarship and Graduation Award recipients will be selected from among those who are most competitive and best meet the eligibility criterion.
- All applicants will be notified of a decision by the first week of April
- Scholarship recipients will be required to complete a Scholarship Agreement Form and provide Thank you letters to their donors. Stationary will be provided for recipients.
- Graduation award recipients will be required to complete a Graduation Award Agreement, complete a W-9 form, and provide Thank You letters to their donors. Stationary will be provided for recipients.
- Scholarship recipients and Graduation Award winners will be required to attend the Awards Recognition Ceremony in the Spring semester.
- The total amount of the recipient's scholarship will be distributed over two semesters; half in the Fall and half in the Spring semesters. However, if the student is graduating in the Fall, the scholarship will be awarded in full for that semester.
- Graduation Awards that are designated with a monetary award will be distributed by university check addressed to the award recipient's address identified on their W-9
- Sunday, January 31, 2016 by midnight the deadline for submitting a scholarship for the Fall 2016-Spring 2017 academic year.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Friday, February 26th, 2016 by 5:00 PM.
Jason B. Bozzone
Assistant Dean for Career and Student Development & Special Events