Sarah A. Cordes, Ph.D.
Policy, Organizational, & Leadership Studies
- Ph.D., Public Policy, NYU Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Servicea
- M.P.P., Duke University, Sanford School of Public Policy, Concentration in Social Policy
- BA, The College of William and Mary, History
Areas of Interest
- Education policy
- Economics of education,
- Urban policy,
- Labor economics,
- Quantitative methods.
Amy Ellen Schwartz, Leanna Stiefel, and Sarah A. Cordes. (Forthcoming) “Moving Matters: The Causal Effect of School Mobility in Student Performance.” Education Finance and Policy.
- Sean P. Corcoran and Sarah A. Cordes. (Forthcoming) “The Economics of School Choice.” In The Handbook of School Choice, ed. Robert Fox and Nina Buchanan, Wiley BlackwellSarah A. Cordes, Amy Ellen Schwartz, Leanna Stiefel, and Jeffrey E. Zabel. (2015), “Is Neighborhood Destiny? Exploring the Link between Neighborhood Mobility and Student Outcomes” Urban Studies.
Sean P. Corcoran, Sarah A. Cordes, and Amy Ellen Schwartz. (2014) “State Education Expenditures.” In Sustaining the States: The Fiscal Viability of American State Governments, ed. Marilyn Rubin and Katherine Willoughby, CRC Press.
Leanna Stiefel and Sarah A. Cordes. (2014) “Measuring School Finance Equity Using School Finance Statistics.” In Encyclopedia of Education Economics and Finance, ed. Dominic J. Brewer and Lawrence O. Picus, SAGE Publications, Inc.
Sarah A. Cordes. (2015) “In Pursuit of the Common Good: The Spillover Effects of Charter Schools on Public School Students in New York City.” Under review, Journal of Public Economics.
- Amy Ellen Schwartz, Leanna Stiefel, and Sarah A. Cordes. (2015) “Moving Matters: The Causal Effect of School Mobility in Student Performance.” Under review, Education Finance and Policy.