Undergraduate Academic and Student Affairs


Formally known as readmission, if you have been out of school for one semester, you must complete an Undergraduate Request to Re-enroll form (pdf) to be considered for re-enrollment to the College of Education. (Adobe Acrobat Reader required to review form).

Re-enrollment Application Deadlines

August 1st for the fall semester,
December 1st for the spring semester,
April 1st for summer sessions.

* These dates are posted on the re-enrollment application and are subject to change. Please verify these dates on the form.

The Process:

  • Former student applies directly to the School/College in which he/she plans to re-enroll.  Contact information for the School/College can be found on Undergraduate Request to Re-enroll form (pdf).
  • Students that were formerly enrolled in the College of Education and seeking to transfer to another school/college within Temple University, must work directly with that school/college on your re-enrollment request by informing them of your intentions. Please refer to the re-enrollment request form's information for specific schools/colleges contact information.  If the particular school/college approves student's re-enrollment, they will contact the College of Education and we will forward student academic file to the school/college.
  • If the student attended any other university/institution during their time away from Temple, he or she needs to provide an official (sealed) transcript from that institution and must be submitted to the College of Education before a decision can be made. Students may submit re-enrollment forms while awaiting transcripts; however, please note on re-enrollment request form you're in the process of acquiring transcripts; otherwise, your request will be denied.
  • If student indicated “Academic” as the reason for absence, the student may be required to attend an interview with the College of Education before a decision is made.
  • If student indicated “Financial” as the reason for absence, please contact Student Financial Services or the Bursar's Officebefore submitting the re-enrollment form. Re-enrollment requests of former students with financial holds will be denied until the financial hold is resolved.
  • If student indicated “Health Related” as the reason for absence, the student will be required to submit  a medical clearance form from a health professional along accompanied with the re-enrollment request form. Medical clearance must be documented by physician on official letterhead from a qualified medical professional, must include the professional’s medical license number, original signature, and an office telephone number and address. Photocopies and faxes are not acceptable, as we need original documents. 
  • An interview with the College of Education Re-enrollment Committee may be required even though you may not request it in order to determine re-enrollment decision.
  • Student will receive a letter indicating acceptance or denial for re-enrollment
  • If accepted, student must
    • schedule an appointment with one of our professional academic advisors in the Shimada Resource Center, Ritter Annex Suite 150 (pdf) to review degree program requirements. Advisors will help find the best balance of courses and course sequencing. Please call 215-204-8011 to schedule your first appointment (identify yourself as a re-enrolled student.)
    • contact computer services at 215-204-8000 to reactivate your Temple email account or visit their website.  Temple email accounts are the official method of communications at Temple University.

    Where to Send Re-enrollment Request Forms For the College of Education

    College of Education
    Attn: Janet Distel, Director for Undergraduate Academic & Student Affairs
    Shimada Resource Center
    Ritter Annex 150 
    1301 Cecil B. Moore Ave.
    Philadelphia, PA 19122
    fax to (215) 204-4383

    *please note that medical documentation for health related reasons for your absence and official transcripts will not be accepted via fax.