The Center for Assessment, Evaluation, & Education Policy Analysis serves as a hub for collaborative research around three core topics: teacher education, urban community development, and community behavioral and mental health. Together, these projects aim to change the odds of success for students, families, in educators in Philadelphia and other under-resourced communities.
Affiliated faculty members apply cutting-edge research methods and analytical techniques to real-world issues, with the fundamental goal of translating research into practice and helping urban schools and communities engender positive social change for the children and families they serve. Our expertise includes:
- comprehensive needs assessments in urban communities
- rigorous observational and intervention studies in schools and other learning settings
- analysis of student academic and social-emotional outcomes
- examination of teacher professional development and personal well-being
- large-scale secondary data analysis, including policy-relevant studies of schools and communities using regional, national, and international datasets.