The Educational Leadership program at Temple offers master's and doctoral degrees designed to prepare students for leadership positions in schools, districts, colleges, and universities. The program also offers stand-alone certificate programs for those seeking state certification or endorsement as a principal, supervisor of curriculum and instruction, or superintendent.
Explore our programs:
- Master's in Educational Leadership (M.Ed.)
- Doctorate in Education Leadership (Ed.D.)
- Principal Certification Program
- Superintendent Letter of Eligibility
- Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction
- Master's Completion Program for Principals and Supervisors
Ph.D. or Ed.D.?
Did you know: doctoral degrees in education are not the same! The Ph.D. in Education is research oriented whereas the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership is directed towards educational practice and the application of theory and research. The Ed.D. is equal in rigor, but different in substance from the Ph.D. Find out more about the Ph.D. versus the Ed.D.