Offered in collaboration with Church Teachers’ College in Mandeville, Jamaica, the Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership program prepares students to assume senior leadership roles in schools, districts, colleges and universities or to become higher education faculty. The program is designed to help students gain both new ways to think about education in Jamaica and to develop a robust global perspective.
The program requires successful completion of 45 credit hours beyond the master’s degree. All requirements must be completed within seven years of admission. As many as nine credits may be earned at Temple prior to acceptance and applied to the MEd program; up to six credits may be transferred from another institution, provided they were completed with a grade of B or better and within three years of admission.
Program Core (12 Credit Hours):
EDAD 5653: Educational Leadership as Civic Leadership
EDAD 8461: Ethical Leadership
EDAD 8635: Education Policy Analysis
EDAD 8775: Understanding Organizational Dynamics in Educational Settings
Supplemental Core (12 Credit Hours):
EDAD 5301: Leadership for Learning
EDAD 5303: Leadership in Diverse Context
URBE 5401: Policy and Practice in Urban Education
EDAD 8787: Administration of Higher Education
College Research Core (12 Credit Hours):
- EDUC 5101: Critical Understanding of Social Science Research
- EDUC 5262: Introduction to Qualitative Research
- EDUC 5325: Introduction to Statistics and Research
- EDUC 8102: Ethnographic Research Methods or
- EPSY 8625: Intermediate Educational Statistics
Proposal/Dissertation Preparation (9 Credit Hours):
For admissions consideration, applicants should submit:
- College of Education and Human development application: applications should be submitted online using the Application for Graduate Admission to the CEHD Jamaica Program.
- Official diploma transcripts (if applicable).
- Transcripts: official transcripts from undergraduate and graduate coursework are required from all institutions attended and from where credits are earned.
- Degree certificate: scanned eligible copy of the front and back.
How to Send Required Documents
- Send official transcripts from the college's Office of Registrar, Department of Student Services; or the Office of Academic Records to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send a scanned copy of the front and back of the degree certificate to email@example.com.
*The following documents will be waived for Jamaican Applicants after the student submits their application.
- Goal statement
- Current Resume or CV
- Writing sample
- 2 letters of reference
- TOEFL/IELTS test score
Tuition & Fees
In keeping with Temple’s commitment to access and affordability, the Educational Leadership Doctor of Education (EdD) - Jamaica Program offers a competitive level of tuition. Learn more about the tuition and fees for this program.
For more information on how to apply for admission, contact the Office of Enrollment Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.