The Center provides a program of Continuing Technical and Professional Development (CT&PD) for Career & Technical Education teachers, administrators, and specialists in eastern Pennsylvania. The Center provides:
- regional technical and pedagogical updating experiences for career and technical teachers, administrators, and support staff; and
- on-site, in-depth assistance designed to improve the academic competence of career-bound youth.
CT&PD experiences include seminars, workshops, academies, institutes, and a variety of other continuing development activities available to teachers, administrators, and specialists in career and technical education centers and comprehensive high schools throughout eastern Pennsylvania. Available programs, currently include:
- Teacher Leadership Network
- Writing Workshops
- Individual professional development module “Implementing Safety Programs and Practices” available on CD or via Temple's learning management system (Canvas).
The Center offers additional ad-hoc experiences including seminars, workshops, academies, institutes, and a variety of other continuing development activities designed to meet the needs of teachers, administrators, and specialists in career and technical education centers and comprehensive high schools throughout eastern Pennsylvania. CT&PD experiences are developed in partnership with schools, and based on a comprehensive needs assessment with input from the following sources:
- scanning sessions of teachers and administrators, configured sub-regionally, convened each fall to discuss needs and react to Center proposals for CT&PD experiences, which are then linked to the Center’s overall advisory group, the Professional Development Advisory Committee ( PDAC);
- advisory committees made up of volunteers from the group for which the experience is intended; and
- evaluative data collected from previous similar experiences.
CT&PD Contact Information
Elizabeth Richard PhD, Assistant Professor