Temple University is an approved provider of educational programs leading to Pennsylvania Department of Education Professional Certification.
Instructional I Teacher Certification
Most Instructional I subject areas are offered in our undergraduate, graduate and/or +1 accelerated dual degree programs.
- Art Education (PreK-12)
- Biology** (7-12)
- Business, Computer, Information Technology (PK-12)
- Chemistry** (7-12)
- Earth & Space Science** (7-12)
- English (7-12)
- French (PreK-12)
- German (PreK-12)
- Early Childhood Education (PreK-4)
- Latin (PreK -12)
- Mathematics* (7-12)
- Marketing Education (PreK-12)
- Middle Grades (4-8)
- Music Education (PreK-12)
- Physics** (7-12)
- Social Studies (7-12)
- Spanish (PreK-12)
- Speech and Language Impaired (PK-12)
- Special Education (PreK-8)
*Students seeking a high school math teacher preparation program at the undergraduate level can choose between two programs - the Secondary Education program or the TUteach program.
**Students seeking a high school science teacher preparation program at the undergraduate level should pursue TUteach. Those seeking a graduate-level preparation should apply for admission to the CEHD Secondary Education program.