Note: About Summer II / Fall 2020 Program Changes
Academic programs in Secondary Education focus on building advanced content and specific pedagogical knowledge aligned to the needs of students in grades 7-12. Coursework emphasizes the social and intellectual skills necessary to ensure that high school students can thrive in a rapidly expanding world. Temple's degrees in Secondary Education provide the foundation needed for students to successfully meet the demands of high school and thrive in home and school communities.
The Secondary Education program prepares students for Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) teacher certification in secondary education (grades 7-12) and special education (grades 7-12). Students completing the concentration in World-Foreign Languages focus on one or more approved languages for PDE certification to teach grades K-12.
- Secondary Education English, BSEd
- Secondary Education Mathematics, BSEd
- Secondary Education Science, BSEd
- Secondary Education Social Studies, BSEd
- Secondary Education World Languages, BSEd
For information about the master's program, faculty and application process, visit the Master of Education in Secondary Education information page. Students admitted to Summer II 2020 or Fall 2020 and after will follow the revised course requirements, as approved by the Temple Board of Trustees in March 2020, for the selected concentration.
Revised Course Requirements for 2020-2021 Admission
- Secondary Education MEd with a concentration in English Education
- Secondary Education MEd with a concentration in Mathematics Education
- Secondary Education MEd with a concentration in Science Education
- Secondary Education MEd with a concentration in Social Studies Education
- Secondary Education MEd with a concentration in World/Foreign Languages Education