+1 Accelerated Master's (Dual-Degree) Program in any Temple University undergraduate major + Higher Education (MEd)
This +1 Accelerated Program offers undergraduate majors in any school or college at Temple University the exciting opportunity to complete their undergraduate degree AND, then, in the year following, a Master’s in Higher Education.
With the Master's in Higher Education, you will gain a broad knowledge of higher education in a diverse learning environment, and develop the expertise necessary to become a leader in the field. Builds a strong foundation of skill and understanding of relevant areas, including:
- access to postsecondary education,
- changes necessary to meet state and federal college completion goals,
- equity in student higher education outcomes, and
- urban educational issues.
A Higher Education degree will prepare you for a career as an administrator in a variety of higher education settings, including colleges and universities, community colleges, higher education systems, proprietary/vocational institutions, and college access and pathway programs.
Graduate Coursework and Tuition
Four graduate courses are to be completed by the end of your senior year and will count towards both your undergraduate and graduate degree program requirements:
- HIED 5101: Introduction to Higher Education (3 credits)
- HIED 5102: Administration of Higher Education (3 credits)
- HIED 5104: College Students and Development Theory (3 credits)
- And select ONE of the following:
Only students who have been accepted for the +1 Accelerated Program will be able to register for these classes. The graduate courses will be coded as undergraduate courses on your undergraduate transcript and undergraduate tuition will be applied. After you matriculate into the +1 Accelerated Program, the graduate level indicator will be added to these courses so that they may also count towards your master's degree.