The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) requires that all applications for credentials be completed and submitted online via PDE's Teacher Information Management System (TIMS) - MyPDESuite. Paper applications are no longer being accepted and can no longer be submitted directly to Temple University for processing.
How To Apply for Your Certification
- Please go to MyPDESuite - https://www.mypdeapps.pa.gov and submit an online application.
- Log In or Register
- Click on Certifications on the left.
- Click on the TIMS picture.
- Go to “Access TIMS” in the right-hand corner.
Tips & Suggestions for Completing Your Application
The College of Education at Temple offers the following tips for a successful application:
- You must be sure to select In-State Certification Application. To ensure that you have done so, please begin your application, close out of it, then return to https://www.mypdeapps.pa.gov/wfTims.aspx, Look under “Certificate/ Request Type.” If “Out-of-State” appears, you will have to select “New Credential Application.”
- For Credential Type, please select Instructional 1 (61), unless you are applying for an Intern (51) certification.
- For Step 2, Education Information, please choose Temple University/ Main Campus as the Institution. For major subject area, choose the program closest to yours. You must select undergraduate as the Program Level. It is currently the only choice. Program Level Type is Traditional. Please answer YES to both statements beginning “I authorize the listed institution to view my current application.” Failure to follow these steps will prevent Temple University from approving your application.
- Step 3 asks for Work Experience. Do not add any. As an applicant for an Instructional 1 or Intern certificate, it is not relevant.
Detailed how-to guides are available from PDE via the MYPDE Suite HELP. If you have questions, you may contact the PDE (717-728-3224).
Receiving Your Credentials
Applicants should check the status of their application via TIMS-MyPDESuite. Once approved, the system will generate the credentials electronically for printing or download by the applicant, as paper certificates will no longer be issued.
For more information about Teacher Certification in Pennsylvania, including links to help and support for using the TIMS application process, please visit the MYPDE Suite HELP.
If you have questions about your certification program at Temple, please contact an academic advisor in the Shimada Student Resource Center: (215) 204-8011.
Temple University College of Education
Attn. Certification Office
150 Ritter Annex
1301 Cecil B Moore Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19122