Fall 2019 enrollment begins Monday, September 30, 2019!
The Temple Upward Bound and Upward Bound Math & Science programs are accepting applications from students in the 9th or 10th grades at Philadelphia public district or charter high schools. The application deadline is Friday, November 22nd. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply early! Applicants who meet program eligibility requirements will be invited, along with their parent/ guardian, to the Temple Upward Bound office for an interview. A member of the program staff will contact an applicant via phone or email to schedule an interview. Students accepted into either Temple UB or UBMS will begin in that program in late January 2020.
Upon acceptance into either the Temple UB or UBMS program, students are expected to participate in year-round programming through the remainder of their high school years. Please note: These programs are only able to serve Philadelphia public district, charter, and cyber school students. We may not accept students attending private or parochial schools or schools outside of the city of Philadelphia. Applicants must also be in the 9th or 10th grade upon their entry into the program.
The Application Process
- You will need to create a user profile in the system in order to complete the application.
- Completion of the application may take up to 60 minutes.
- You should complete all sections of the application including the essay questions.
- Only after completing all sections of the application should you select “SUBMIT.”
- Please select "SUBMIT" only when you have completed all sections of the application.
- You may save and return to your work, so the application does not need to be completed in one session.
Preparing to Apply
To complete and successfully submit your application, you will need:
- Demographic information about your parent(s)/guardian(s)
- The names and email addresses of the three people who will serve as your “references” (the Math, English and Science teachers of your choice)
- Supporting documents. which you will be prompted to upload within your application:
- A copy of your most recent report card
- A copy of your 8th grade or most recent standardized test scores
- A copy of your transcript (for high school students only) showing all grades and credits earned to date
If you have any questions or concerns about the application, please contact the Temple Upward Bound and Upward Bound Math & Science programs’ office at (215) 204-3636 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org