Upward Bound Apply
The application for admission into the Temple Upward Bound and the Upward Bound Math & Science Programs will open on March 1, 2021!
The Temple Upward Bound and Upward Bound Math & Science programs will begin accepting applications on March 1, 2021 from students currently in the 8th or 9th grade who attend Philadelphia public district or charter high schools (or who will during the '21- '22 school year). The application deadline is Friday, April 9th. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply early!
The application process includes:
- Submission of an online application (linked below),
- Submission of various eligibility documents (i.e. report card, school roster, etc.), and
- Participation in a virtual interview with program staff.
Applicants who meet program eligibility requirements will be invited to participate in a virtual interview with members of the UB and UBMS program staff. Students accepted into either Temple UB or UBMS will begin in that program in either July 2021 (current 9th graders) or September 2021 (current 8th graders). (The 8th grade applicants who are accepted into UB or UBMS will have the opportunity to participate in the Middle Grades Academy summer program in summer 2021, offered by Steppingstone Scholars, Inc., in preparation for their participation in UB or UBMS beginning in Fall 2021).
Upon acceptance into either the Temple UB or UBMS program, students are expected to participate in year-round programming through the remainder of their high school years. Please note: These programs are only able to serve Philadelphia public district, charter, and cyber school students. We may not accept students attending private or parochial schools or schools outside of the city of Philadelphia. Applicants must also be in the 9th or 10th grade upon their entry into the program.
The Application Process
- You will need to create a user profile in the system in order to complete the application.
- Completion of the application may take up to 60 minutes.
- You should complete all sections of the application including the essay questions.
- Only after completing all sections of the application should you select “SUBMIT.”
- Please select "SUBMIT" only when you have completed all sections of the application.
- You may save and return to your work, so the application does not need to be completed in one session.
Preparing to Apply
To complete and successfully submit your application, you will need:
- Demographic information about your parent(s)/guardian(s)
- The names and email addresses of the three people who will serve as your “references” (the Math, English and Science teachers of your choice)
- Supporting documents. which you will be prompted to upload within your application:
- A copy of your most recent report card
- A copy of your 8th grade or most recent standardized test scores
- A copy of your transcript (for high school students only) showing all grades and credits earned to date
If you have any questions or concerns about the application, please contact the Temple Upward Bound and Upward Bound Math & Science programs’ office at (215) 204-3636 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org