Temple Education Scholars (TES) is a year-long dual enrollment program designed for college-bound high school seniors to take up to five education courses in the College of Education and Human Development at Temple University in a supportive environment. This program prepares students for future employment as educators within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
The goals of the Temple Education Scholars program are to increase the matriculation and retention of young people of color in post-secondary education and to also increase the number of people of color who complete teacher education programs and join the teaching profession in Pennsylvania.
- Year-long program (mid-August through early June)
- Focused on a college and career pathway (teaching)
- Five (5) college education courses = 15 college credits = 1 full semester of college classes
- Prepares students for one of five college majors (Early Childhood Education, Middle Grades Education, Secondary Education, Special Education, Human Development/Community Engagement) or a minor in Education
- Includes college readiness programming and application support