Offered in collaboration with Church Teachers’ College in Mandeville, Jamaica, the Master of Education in Educational Leadership program prepares students to become transformative leaders in a variety of educational settings and roles. The program is designed to help students gain both new ways to think about education in Jamaica and to develop a robust global perspective.
The program requires successful completion of 36 credit hours. All requirements must be completed within four years of admission. As many as nine credits may be earned at Temple prior to acceptance and applied to the MEd program; up to six credits may be transferred from another institution, provided they were completed with a grade of B or better and within three years of admission.
- AOD 5532: Leadership and Management
- EDUC 5101: Critical Understanding of Social Science Research
- EDUC 5212: Curriculum, Instruction and Technology in Education
- EDAD 5063: Educational Reform
- EDAD 5300: Introduction to Issues in School Leadership
- EDAD 5301: Leadership for Learning
- EDAD 5303: Leadership in Diverse Context
- EDAD 5304: School Operations, Management and Technology
- EDAD 5305: Knowledge Use for School Improvement
- EDAD 5307: Clinical Experience in School Leadership
- EDAD 5742: Professional Seminar in Education Policy
- EDAD 5895: School Violence: Risk Prevention
For admissions consideration, applicants should submit:
- College of Education and Human development application: applications should be submitted online using a MyTU account. * app fee waiver will be applied once students’ complete information in their started application up to the fee payment.
- Official diploma transcripts (if applicable).
- Transcripts: official transcripts from undergraduate and/or graduate coursework are required from all institutions attended and from where credits are earned.
- Degree certificate: scanned eligible copy of the front and back.
How to Send Required Documents
- Send official transcripts from the college's Office of Registrar, Department of Student Services; or the Office of Academic Records to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send a scanned copy of the front and back of the degree certificate to email@example.com.
*The following documents will be waived for Jamaican Applicants after the student submits their application.
- Goal statement
- Current Resume or CV
- Writing sample
- 2 letters of reference
- TOEFL/IELTS test score
Tuition & Fees
In keeping with Temple’s commitment to access and affordability, the Educational Leadership Master of Education (MEd) - Jamaica Program offers a competitive level of tuition. Learn more about the tuition and fees for this program.
For more information on how to apply for admission, contact the Office of Enrollment Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.