The Teaching & Learning Department prepares Prekindergarten to 12 teachers and education professionals with the knowledge and skills to teach all students in traditional and non-traditional settings, especially those in urban settings and regional schools.
Our teacher certification programs are guided by six standards:
- Standard 1: Teaching for all students that facilitates Active Learning
- Standard 2: Teaching for all students that exhibits Coherence and Continuity
- Standard 3: Teaching for all students that promotes Critical/Creative Thinking
- Standard 4: Teaching for all students that enhances Real-World Connections
- Standard 5: Teaching for all students that involves Reflective Thinking
- Standard 6: The ability to teach subject-matter content so that it is understood