Curriculum Development for Programs of Study in Career and Technical Education
Creating a Culture of Teaching and Learning in Career and Technical Education Programs
Managing Resources and Data-driven Decision-making in Career and Technical Education
The Role of Career and Technical Education in Workforce and Economic Development
Contexts for School Reform
During the course completion phase of the program, candidates are expected to schedule appointments with their advisors at least once each semester.
After having successfully completed the coursework, candidates will participate in a Council of Educators Review (COE). This assessment will address the students understanding and application of the competencies associated with the Supervisor Comp Vocational Education certification.
Program Completion and Certification
- Candidates who complete all program requirements, hold no less than a bachelor’s degree, and pass Pennsylvania’s certification test requirements will be recommended for the Comprehensive Supervisor Certificate.
- Students are required to successfully complete Praxis #5412 - Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision. For current testing requirements, visit the ETS: Pennsylvania Test Requirements.
Since the program is competency-based, students can enroll at any point in time. Students must complete the application and receive notification that they are officially accepted before they can enroll in coursework. Candidates for the comprehensive supervisor certificate are encouraged to apply to Temple's Career and Technical Education MSEd.
The minimum requirements for admission to the program are:
- a bachelor’s degree or accepted into Temple's Career and Technical Education MSEd program,
- a graduate or undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least a 3.0, and
- a strong letter of support from an administrative director and a designated Resident Leadership Resource Person (RLRP).
Individuals seeking admission to the program must submit:
- a formal application
- a letter of recommendation from an administrative director,
- official transcripts of all collegiate and graduate coursework,
- a copy of their latest professional certificate, and
- a personal resume.