Accept Your Offer of Admission
Take the next step and accept your offer of admission. Admitted graduate students must accept their offer of admission to register for courses.
You will receive a series of emails indicating how to activate your TUportal account and submit your tuition deposit online.
You may also accept your offer of admission by mailing the Enrollment Form that was mailed to you with your acceptance letter, along with your $200 tuition deposit.
Master's, certificate-seeking, and EdS students will receive an assigned faculty advisor and an assigned graduate student advisor. Doctoral students will receive an assigned faculty advisor. You will learn more about the roles of faculty and graduate student advisors throughout your graduate student orientation and welcome communications.
Shortly after your Tuition Deposit is received, contact information for your academic advisor will appear on the Next Steps channel in TUportal. You will also receive your advisor's contact information via email. It is recommended that you:
- Review the bulletin requirements for your program.
- Master's, certificate-seeking, and EdS students will receive personalized outreach from their assigned graduate advisor with course recommendations and instructions for registration.
- Doctoral students should reach out to their faculty advisors for assistance identifying appropriate courses.
- Students should join the Graduate Students Canvas Course and Doctoral Students Canvas Course as appropriate for resources related to registration and other graduate school policies and procedures.
- Contact your advisor to confirm your courses for the upcoming semester.
Note: If you have completed or are currently completing courses prior to your admission, you may be required to enter a Registration Access Pin (RAP) code. Contact the Graduate Programs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your RAP code.
To ease your transition to Temple, there are additional steps you can take to prepare for the start of the semester after you register for courses.
- Activate your TUportal account, if you haven't already done so. Refer to the personalized invitation that is sent to you via email.
- Review your application checklist on MyTU and submit your remaining admissions documents, such as your final transcript, to avoid a registration hold being placed on your account. Learn how to submit your documents.
- Review your course schedule on the Student Tools tab of TUportal.
- Complete any outstanding financial aid requirements. If you have questions about your financial aid summary, schedule an appointment with Student Financial Services.
- Access TUmail for your electronic bill and information about the upcoming semester. Use your AccessNet username and password to log in.
- Review payment plan options. For billing questions, contact the Bursar's Office at 215-204-7269.
- Download a campus map for academic building locations, parking and transportation options.
- The OWLcard is Temple University's ID card. You will need your OWLcard to access campus buildings, recreation services, the library system, the TECH Center, parking and more. Find instructions on how to submit your ID photo [pdf] online.
Admitted Graduate Student Reception
Join us for a reception honoring your admission to the College of Education and Human Development. At this event you will have the opportunity to meet with our distinguished faculty in your field of study. Invitations to this event are sent to admitted students via email.
Admitted students will be invited to attend an all-college orientation event (summer and fall admits only) as well as mandatory New Admit Advising Sessions where you will learn important information about course registration and graduate school policies, as well as other university resources. Be sure to check your TUmail for more information about these events.
Mailing Address and Contact Information
Temple University College of Education and Human Development
Office of Enrollment Management
Ritter Annex 100
1301 Cecil B. Moore Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19122-6091
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Enrollment Management office is located in the Shimada Resource Center (Suite 150) on the first floor of Ritter Annex.