To become certified in Pennsylvania, teachers must earn qualifying scores on the Basic Skill Test and on all Subject Area tests for specific instruction areas.
- SAT or ACT Option
- Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators
- Pre-Service Academic Performance Assessment (PAPA)
- Early Childhood Education - PECT PreK-4
- Special Education Concentraion - PECT Special Education PreK-8
- Middle Grades Education - Praxis II & Subject Concentration Test(s)
- Secondary Education - Praxis II Subject Area
- Career & Technical Education - Praxis II Subject Area
For more information see the Pennsylvania Department of Education's Testing Requirements website.
You can learn more about the Praxis exams by visiting ETS Praxis information.