As part of its mission to give back to the surrounding community and provide substantive fieldwork experiences for its students, the College of Education and Human Development has formed partnerships with local institutions and organizations, such as:
- Philadelphia College Prep Roundtable
- Philadelphia Higher Education Network for Neighborhood Development
- School District of Philadelphia
- Stepping Stones Scholars Inc.
- Urban Youth Leadership Academy
- YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School
Organizational partnerships provide students with community-based learning opportunities and field-based practice. These experiences are facilitated through voluntary internships and/or field experiences and student teaching as part of an academic program.
Field Experience and Student Teaching
As part of certain academic programs, students gain firsthand knowledge in classrooms and local community organizations through immersive field placements, practicum/internships, and student teaching experiences.