Graduate Academic and Student Affairs

Graduate Academic & Student Affairs

Contact Us for More Information

Our mission is to provide you, the graduate student in the College of Education, with a positive experience from the time you enroll until the time you graduate. Our staff is committed to helping you achieve your academic goals while at Temple and our door is always open. Please do not hesitate to contact us for questions, concerns and guidance:, 215-204-8011 (Option 2). If you call, please be sure to identify yourself as a graduate student so we can direct you appropriately!

Contact Information
Name Contact Information
Dr. Michael W. Smith

Associate Dean Academic Affairs and Faculty Development.
Ritter Hall 263
(215) 204-8017

Janet Distel, MSW

Senior Director of Undergraduate and Graduate Academic and Student Affairs
Ritter Annex, SRC
(215) 204-6081

Doreen Conway, M.Ed

Assistant Director
Ritter Annex, SRC
(215) 204-5631

See Doreen for:

  • Policy and Procedural Advising
  • Applications for Graduation (Master's Programs)
  • Dissertation Proposal and Defense procedures and processing
  • Applications for Graduation (Doctoral Programs)
Whitney Carroll, M.Ed.

Ritter Annex, SRC
(215) 204-8011 (Option 2)

See Whitney if you:

  • Are a student who is attempting to register for a course/courses and are experiencing any challenges 

  • Are a non-matriculated student (have not yet applied for or been accepted into a degree or certificate program)